Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#30DaysofBiking: More Pictures from the Issaquah Trails


I'm having fun showing off my town in these pictures. The red caboose on Gilman Boulevard has has been the home to several businesses over the years. It is currently a barber shop but I've sometimes thought it would be a good location for little bike rental business since it is at the southern end of the Lake Sammamish Trail.





Whenever somebody tells me I'm lucky to live here I agree with them, but I also point out that a lot of work goes into that luck. A few years ago, I was asked to speak at the dedication of one of these trails. I closed my remarks by paraphrasing Bruce Springsteen:
"When it comes to luck, we make our own
we've got dirt on our hands, but we're building a home."
I think Issaquah is a pretty damn nice home.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Looks like beautiful country, hows that folding-bike on the hills?

Kent Peterson said...

Bryan,

My Dahon Curve is a 3-speed and while many folks might opt for something with more gears, I manage to get around fine with the three. Of course, I've got a lot of fixed gear and single-speed miles in my legs.

Bryan said...

Good stuff, Ride one! I could never get into riding fixie but I have heard its great.