Tuesday, April 03, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Coffee with Commuting Christine


My lovely wife Christine works as a shopper for Safeway.com and she bikes off to work very early in the morning. On days when I'm not working at the bike shop, Christine will often call me when her shift is done and I'll ride over to the Safeway and we'll have coffee together. Actually, Christine is a tea drinker but the important thing on a damp day like today is to fuel up with something warm in a place that's dry.


After coffee (or tea) and conversation, we head back to the Safeway and Christine puts her pro-level shopping skills into action once again. She buys a big pannier's worth of food to last us the next few days. Between her D2R pannier, her backpack, and her Allant's basket, she can haul a lot of groceries. While there are some days when I help carry the load and don't look like a total cad, this wasn't one of those days.



The only load I carried today was my little waterproof camera to take pictures of Christine in action!

Just a bit under three miles round trip, but it's Christine's every work day commute, rain or shine. (She draws the line at ice and walks on the very few icy days we get each winter.)

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

3 comments:

jeffy said...

Nice one. Hey, did they get that fallen tree across the trail back there cleared yet?

Kent Peterson said...

Hey Jeff,

We've been going an alternate route since the storm and I haven't checked the trail lately. I'll let you know when I do.

Mimi said...

oh my, we get to see her face!!

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors