Friday, April 03, 2015

#30DaysofScootering - Day 3 - Commuting in Downtown Issaquah


Friday is my virtual Monday, it's the first day of my work week. I work as a bike mechanic at The Bicycle Center in downtown Issaquah. My commute is short, about four blocks or just over 1/4 mile. It's a good scootering distance and I scoot back and forth rain or shine. Today had both sun and rain.


It was nice and bright when I went by the old train station.


The trains don't run through town anymore and the station is now a museum.


When I rolled back home for lunch it was raining.


Downtown Issaquah is located in a valley in the western foothills of the Cascade Mountians. We actually get a bit more rain than Seattle does. 


This is a typical Cascadian light rain of the April Showers variety.


It was still raining when I rolled back to work, but by the end of my workday at 7:00 PM, the skies were mostly clear.


The flowers are in bloom.


And so are the trees.

No epic adventures today, just 1.19 miles of scootering back and forth. The monthly total is now 15.05 miles.

No comments: